020 8670 6141 [email protected]

Lifetime planning

Planning for the future can be very important and all too frequently it is ignored until it is too late. There a number of matters that we will be able to assist you with such as:

Lasting Powers of Attorney

Allows you to choose the person you wish to administer your affairs in the event of mental incapacity, which can not only affect the elderly – an accident or serious illness can have the same effect.

Living Wills

A Living Will or Advance Directive, although not as effective as a lasting Power of Attorney can record your wishes with respect to certain medical procedures in the event of mental incapacity. Recording your beliefs can be invaluable for your family when they are faced with a difficult decision with regard to your health or medical treatment.

Inheritance Tax planning

Subject to your particular circumstances and situation we can offer you various options and advice to allow you to choose what is best for you and your beneficiaries.


If you have young children you need to consider appointing guardians under your Will to take care of them if you die whilst they are still young.

Deeds of Variation

A Deed of Variation can be used to alter the terms of a Will after the death of the person concerned. This needs to be put in place within 2 years of the death and is a useful tool where the person’s Will no longer reflects their circumstances at death or as part of future tax planning.

Office of the Public Guardian

Where someone has lost mental capacity to deal with their affairs and no Lasting Power of Attorney exists then it will be necessary to apply for the appointment of a deputy to be appointed to act on their behalf. We can assist you through the process and ongoing management and accounting or in certain circumstances act as the appointed deputy.